Monday, April 25, 2011

life update.

Life is stressful. I feel like I could end the post at that. Life. is. stressful. Amanda is working 50+ hours a week. TJ has 4 projects due + finals. Amanda has AWANA. TJ has Wesley. Bills need to be paid. Friendships need to be maintained. A marriage needs time. Expenses are rising. Feels like we are drowning. How is it possible to live on amanda's salary...but not TJ + Amanda's salary? How does one afford a house? What will Amanda do when TJ moves to Houston? No one seems to be hiring, no one wants a meteorologist. It is an odd feeling. After working for 10+ years to be facing a future without a job...its scary. Saying "The Lord will provide" and then really trusting it...is hard. I know the God we serve is Faithful. Always. On one hand its exciting to watch God show up. Watch Him deliver us from the mediocre life society has for us.

Rotation is nearly here. Two months. No lie...marriage is hard. It. Is. HARD. There are evenings we sit on the couch and stare at each other saying "how in the world do we do this?!" There are so many things that we have no idea how to do. I feel like everything we talk and dream about is being put to the test. Are we willing to trust that the Lord has a plan. And right now, I can honestly say I have no idea what that looks like. Faced with the reality that in 2 months my husband will be gone on an oil rig somewhere and I will be at home by myself. I am blessed to have the family at Living Hope Baptist Church to take care of me. What a phenomenal blessing they are. I am blessed with a great job. The future is scary and unknown. But I guess if we knew what was coming, we wouldn't need God. Please be in prayer for our family. We are facing lots of changes in a very short period of time. It is overwhelming at times.  pray that we will do what Revelation 2:3

says,  " You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. "




 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, " Jeremiah 29:11-14

Ask us whats going on. Tell us what is going on with you. Please

3 comments:

  1. If you don't recognize the Google account - this is Jacob West.

    I didn't know you were keeping up this blog, but I re-discovered it today through the miracle of facebook. Reading these posts has reminded my forgetful self how I need to be praying for y'all.

    Amanda, I am still in the job hunt, too. I know that I have to come back to Texas to be closer to my family, so I'm still looking. Graduation is coming up soon, and I'm going to be taking this train trip. I'm getting an Amtrak pass and visiting a ton of people I haven't seen in a while all over the country. I will definitely be stopping in Houston to see Abby and Josh, and I would love to catch up with y'all.

    I'll be down there in early June-ish, so let me know where y'all are going to be, and I'll find some way to get there.

    I should really get some sleep so I can get up and work again. It's definitely that time of the semester. Oh yeah, and Happy Easter!

    Your friend,
    Jacob West

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt. 6:27 "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?" i believe just the opposite is true...worry distracts from the moments of your life. God cares for the sparrows and the lilies...he will care for you as well. i love you both. mom <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff...in some ways this is where God has me right now. Glad to see I'm not the only one having to work on this trusting thing with finances and jobs. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers