Friday, June 4, 2010

Love and Respect

So Amanda and I are reading the book Love and Respect this summer as we try to prepare our relationship for marraige. We have decided to read two chapters per week this summer so that it will last the whole of my internship so not only will it help our relationship, it will inspire conversation in spite of the awkwardness that can be caused by distance and neither one of us enjoying long phone calls. We have just finished through chapter four and I am already super excited for what it could do for us. The book promises to help teach me to love her unconditionally, in the way that she needs and desires, not the way I think is best. This excites me because it is something I desperately want to be successful at. I also think it will be good this summer because I will have to make sure that I make a conscious effort to do so, not just out of habit or absent mindedly, since we wont see each other and habit won't translate over distance. This too excites me because I feel like if I can learn to fully meet her need for love from a distance this summer, hopefully it will make it that much more second nature to do so when we are together and I will be much less likely to make her feel unloved. Well those are my thoughts for now, I'll probably go further with this train of thought once I'm further into the book. I love you Amanda!
Shalom,
TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers